Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Challenging

I still keep cogitating about this project.
Others have said that "Rob Macks' instructions make more sense once you actually start working". His instructions are actually quite thorough-what he tells you will work, but I'm only obtaining an understanding gradually, as I go along. I'm more used to understanding more before I start, then carrying it out. 
For example, the Stern Section. I heeded the advice to think of the first attempt as a practice run, which is good, because it came out lousy. I thought I'd learned enough to go "for good", but I made more errors, and that came out crummy, too. I guess I'm not used to the do-overs.
I'm reminded of my first build, where I tested everything-dry clamping before glue, etc. I wasn't spoiled by thinking that I had enough "know-how" to get things right the first time, so I proceeded very carefully. This time, I'm expecting too much of myself. I need to return to a "beginner mentality".

No comments:

Post a Comment