Saturday, February 22, 2014

Deck, Continued

I had the idea that I would do most of the deck in pine, but I decided to get a little fancy. I located the cockpit opening, and decided to fill in a shape with cedar.
I used up a lot of old cedar, with a darker & more prominent "figure" than the stuff I used on the hull.
After getting rid of the coves & beads, I'm back to the familiar L-shaped brackets.

And my favorite fastening tool:tape.
As always, I ran out of wood, having made coves and beads on some skinny strips.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Starting The Deck

Turning the boat over was a kind of "dicey" operation. It seemed to weigh about 200 (fragile!) pounds. Again, using the roof racks to hold it.