Friday, March 2, 2012


About the same as the last build. It may have gone a little easier, while I remembered all the persnickety details.
As usual, the parts I thought would be difficult are easy, and vice versa. This time, I managed to bring the shape of the bottom together more easily, by getting the bottoms of the bulkheads and temp forms centered to the bottom panels  first . However, gluing on the shear clamps was a pain-they take a pretty radical curve near the stern. I made my own shear clamps of cedar, instead of using the supplied cypress parts, for a weight savings of about one pound. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment