Saturday, October 7, 2017

Cutting Out The Forms

Fairly routine, up to a point. Jigsaw, sanding wheel, and tons of dust. 
I realized that the plan dimensions seem to place the forms 12" on center, and that I couldn't just stick forms 2 and 14 onto the bow & stern forms, so I cut a mortise 3/8" into those forms. Things lined up fairly well, except that the stems stuck out a little higher than the station forms. The split forms seemed to fall quite short of the end of the forms, until I sanded the taper. I also faired out the top of the forms, and checked all with a strip. I may yet have to improvise while stripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment