Monday, December 8, 2014

Outer Island II

I knew I'd build another kayak this winter.
My Original Plan was: to build the Cape Ann, use it, and the Outer Island, then decide which one to keep. However, my summer was disrupted with health issues, and after having used the Cape only a few times, I decided that I never really liked it much. Its a good kayak, however, I didn't visualize its dimensions accurately for my needs. I thought it would be my "small-go-to-weekday-boat", but in fact, it was larger in volume and heavier than the O.I.  I just sold it via Craig's List.
Now that I have the room, I'll build another O.I, this time to the design length. I still have the station forms from the last build, and I won't deal with building techniques I didn't like, such as the internal strongback, and bead-and-cove stripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment