Thursday, May 15, 2014

More Cockpit Work

After the recess was done, I decided to lay up layers of plywood for the riser. It worked O.K, my spray skirt fits, but I decided that I hate the look of the plywood layers.
This is going to be painted.
Also, after cutting out the hatches, I found that I had made quite a mess with drips & runs of epoxy while joining the hull & deck. Grind, Scrape, Sand, etc. However, I can see that this kayak is going to have quite a bit of carrying capacity.
The coaming & lip primed & painted with polyurethane paint. I found it easier to varnish the cockpit recess without having to varnish the coaming & lip. That was always the site of annoying runs & drips.

No comments:

Post a Comment