Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hull Interior

As I suspected, it was a lot more work to get the hull interior smooth that it should have been. I started scraping & sanding away it it yesterday, and I ditched work, determined to finish.  I resorted to putty fills in the dangerously-thin areas. 
I decided to actually follow the instructions, and do the bow & stern areas first. 
Its getting easier. Both ends took a little more than an hour, and it seemed less frustrating than the last time I glassed.  

The glass in between the ends went down fairly well also. I gave it two fill coats, sanded & varnished. I decided to paint the areas that will be visible inside the hatches. 
This shows how it will look when finished-a little more "stripey" than I expected.  

No comments:

Post a Comment