Wednesday, March 10, 2021

New Technique For the Deck

 I read/saw pictures of a different way to deal with the deck at the ends. It involves using a solid piece of trim wood instead of making difficult compound bevels on continuous strips.


I left the strips short, planning to cut the waste off after the deck & hull are joined.


This seems a little easier, although I'd have preferred to go a little further towards the ends. The solid piece is going to be slightly bigger than I would have liked.

I joined the hull & deck before working on the ends. I found it slightly convenient to have holes on the ends while I was putting the reinforcing tape on the inside of the seam.


I cut the block of basswood off at a ten degree angle, then used the block itself as a guide for cutting through the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment