Monday, March 23, 2020

Varnishing In Winter

Work is progressing very fast. My workplace is closed due to the coronavirus, and I'm shut in.
I've never been as far as varnishing in the month of March. And wouldn't you know, the mild weather ended today, it was 35 degrees and snowing. My hygrometer in the basement read 44%, so I went ahead for a first coat. Seems to have gone adequately well.
Another almost accidental "revelation"- Epiphanes varnish and thinner barely smell! In the past, I had been using Interlux varnish with their 333 thinner, and it made a mighty/scary/toxic stench. I made a coat, then fled the house for the day. I just made a coating with the Epiphanes a few hours ago, and can't smell a thing. 
The Hygrometer never went over 55%, so I went on with all coats. Varnishing is a P.I.T.A. no matter how well or badly I do it.😏

No comments:

Post a Comment