Friday, December 27, 2019

More Decking

As usual, more scarf jointing, and heat bending to make the curve from the front of the cockpit to the rear. 
I used cedar for the outside edges, and the center. I was considering using cedar for the entire deck, but it would have been too boring, and I didn't know if I had enough material.
I plain-sawed the rest of my pawlonia, tuned up the surface planer, and made 8' x 3/4" strips. 
The plain-sawed wood yielded  some interesting grain figures.
I extended the center deck strips to a form beyond the extent of the cockpit opening. The "whiskey plank" on this side is heavily clamped/taped/wedged into position. I hope it makes the transition from the bottom to the top work.
The final, Official Whiskey Plank-more like a splinter than a board.

No comments:

Post a Comment